To strengthen the R&D team of our EPFL-based company (Lausanne, Switzerland), we are looking for a:
Biochemical sensor engineer (XS16-RD-01)
Xsensio is a Swiss start-up company developing a unique “Lab-on-SkinTM” sensing platform to sense in real-time biochemical information at the surface of the skin, providing unprecedented real-time information about our health and wellness, in a simple and non-invasive way.
As a biochemical sensor engineer, you will join our small multidisciplinary R&D team and work on the development of the “Lab-on-SkinTM” sensing platform. You will contribute to further developing and optimizing our current sensor technology. Working closely with the engineering team, you will be responsible for the development and characterization of functionalization processes of sensor surfaces and their implementation within the sensing platform with the overall goal of detecting a wide range of biomarkers present at the surface of the skin. You will be involved in conducting tests of the biochemical sensors: measurements with different biochemical solutions; sensitivity, selectivity stability and reproducibility tests; and data analysis.
- PhD or Master in Biochemistry (or equivalent) with 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Expertise in surface biochemistry modification & functionalization
- Strong background in biochemical sensors and transduction mechanisms (biochemical reactions to electrical signals)
- Experience in electronic measurements or electrochemical characterization
- Background in microfabrication desirable
- Knowledge in diagnostics, biomedical devices, microfluidics a plus
- Organized, reliable, capable of working independently
- Keen on innovative solutions and results-oriented
- Fluent in English and/or French
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is highly preferable for this position.
If you recognize yourself in the above description and want to join a company that focuses on breakthrough innovation, we look forward to receiving your full application, including a motivation letter and your CV, in English or French at email@example.com using the job title and reference or by post to the address in the header.
No recruiters or agencies please.